Thursday, October 27, 2011

Tricks of The Trade....Some Important Bridal Advice

I work in and industry that allows me to interact with hundreds of brides in a week so I have heard a lot of good and bad with wedding planning. Whenever I hear a bride say "It cost that much!" or "I was suppose to order that when?!" I immediately think....HOW DID SHE NOT KNOW THAT. Then I realize that most brides as well as friends and family only get married once (I HOPE). I just have a better idea of when and how things should be done since I deal with brides all day and sometimes at night in my dreams.

Here are a few tips for Brides to Be or friends of Brides to BE.

* Don't bring too many opinions with you when you go to pick out your dress!
This is very important! I have seen brides cry, mothers cry and mean things said by friends when too many opinions get thrown out. Remember.....even though you may not like the peacock feathers or 50 layers of tulle on the brides dress, keep in mind that this is her day and you either had or will have yours.

*Eat something before you go into a bridal consultation or fitting:
    Who wants to feint when trying on their dream dress??? More importantly who wants to deal with a bride that feinted....Just kidding. I would bring water and fans to any of my friends that feinted :).

* Stay in shape but don't go overboard:
    Most brides want to look their best on their wedding day....not only for their husband to be but for the hundreds of people (some they don't even know) who's eyes are one them that day. Don't stress and lose to much weight before your wedding. Your husband to be purposed to you the way you were so I'm sure he will love you if you stay that weight. I am not saying don't be healthy and fit, I am just informing brides to be realistic with weight loss goals and don't be too hard on yourself trying to look your best. 


My favorite at home Abs workout from exercise T.V.






* Pick out your shoes before your fitting:
    You will not have a happy fitter if you show up the day of your dress fitting without shoes. There is no way a fitter can alter the length of your dress if you do not know your shoe height so you will have wasted yours as well as her/ or his time. The perfect shoe does not have to be chosen quite yet just make sure you bring a shoe with the right heel height. Average heel height is 3.75-4.75 inches.....don't be afraid to go higher or lower.


If the SHOE fits.....BUY IT!!!.....Well only if you love it <3

Great WEBSITE!
http://www.myglassslipper.com/

* Order the veil at least 6 months before the wedding:
     Brides seem to show up at their fittings which tend to be a month before the wedding and they are unsure if they are going to wear a veil. This can be a problem because most veils take 8-18 to come in especially if there are being made oversees. Plan ahead. NEVER buy your veil without the dress on. This can lead to a disaster. I have seen to many upset brides realize that their dress is ivory and the "cheap" veil they bought somewhere else is white. The bridal consultant should be happy to give you a fabric swatch of your dress if you plan on getting your veil elsewhere. Just make sure you don't hold this decision off.
  ps. I LOVE CATHEDRAL VEILS





More to come soon!!! XOXOhttp://www.myglassslipper.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment